The following measures were taken to safeguard the anonymity of the survey participants:
- Since the invitations were sent out exclusively by the higher education institutions themselves, the names and e-mail addresses of the survey participants remained with the higher education institutions and were not passed on to either the IHS or the BMWFW.
- Students who wished to be informed about the publication of the survey results were required to actively contact IHS independently of the survey. In this way, the e-mail addresses of such students cannot be linked with the questionnaire.
- The access codes for the survey were only supplied to the higher education institutions via the internet using an encryption process.
- IHS has contractually agreed to adhere to all relevant data protection provisions, in particular DSGVO ((EU) 2016/679), DSG and TKG 2003.
- The answers provided in the questionnaire were transmitted in encrypted form (https).
- The anonymity of the respondents is also safeguarded during the analysis of the data as the IHS will not publish any data on groups fewer than 30 people.
- Prize draw: Participation was voluntary. E-mail addresses of the participating respondents were stored independently of the survey data, used exclusively for the purpose of processing the prize draw and deleted after contacting the winners of the raffle.